Linux System Administrator
Montreal, QCView this opportunity
(B2B, Online Services)
Montreal, QCView this opportunity
Linux System Administrator (#AS0117)Web Hosting Canada is looking for a Linux guru, passionate about the management and optimization of web servers using the latest technology and trends to fill an opening as a Linux System Administrator.
- Spearhead or partake in our continuous improvement projects dealing with automation, security, performance, and redundancy
- Ensure optimal operations of our server fleet, including shared, virtualized and dedicated servers
- Optimize LAMP stacks using existing tools and best practices, and research/implement new optimizations based on emerging trends and technologies
- Perform security and performance audits of Apache, MySQL/MariaDB/PostreSQL, Mail servers (Exim), and DNS (BIND)
- Co-ordinate efforts with the customer service team to ensure rapid problem resolution
- Respond to performance, availability, and security incidents in real-time
- Handle and respond to level 3 support requests through our helpdesk system
- Write, review and manage internal procedures using our private Wiki
- Help coach junior technicians with tough issues and participate in their ongoing training
- Configure, optimize and deploy new solutions or clusters based on specific client needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a LAMP System Administrator (Apache or nginx) including handling email reputation issues
- Experience with cPanel/WHM control panel (Plesk an asset)
- Excellent understanding of email protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP)
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as OpenVZ, KVM, Xen, VMWare, or OpenStack.
- Experience with Bash or similar command-line scripting languages
- Experience with Ansible or similar automation tools
- Good communicator in French or English, capable of clearly communicating complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Good understanding of web concepts such as DNS and IPv4/6
- Experience managing and optimizing database systems such as MySQL and MariaDB
- Working knowledge of common website scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, and Python
V020: Sales Representative (B2B, Online Services)Are you sales-oriented and do you like technology and entrepreneurship? Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is seeking motivated communicators to participate in selling and promoting its Internet solutions, already trusted by 18,000 small businesses Canada-wide. These include web hosting, domain names, email services and servers.
Under the direct supervision of the Sales Director, your objectives will be twofold: to acquire new clients and propose the most fitting services for their budgets and needs, and to nurture relationships with existing clients to ensure their infrastructure requirements are being met.
- Engage and acquire new clients by phone, email, live chat, or in person (during events, for example).
- Determine the needs of your clients, inform them about the latest solutions available to them, and establish onboarding strategies adapted to their specific requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with clients; facilitate payments
- Nurture existing client relationships and represent the company with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Participate in retention initiatives and churn-rate reduction strategies.
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales (with a preference towards IT or online solutions-related sales)
- Bilingual (French & English, spoken and written)
- Competent writer with good typing speed
- Computer and tech savvy a definite asset
- Experience building or maintaining a website also a definite asset