Web Hosting Canada Careers
Linux Server Administrator (#AS0117)
Web Hosting Canada is looking for a Linux guru, passionate about the management and optimization of web servers using the latest technology and trends to fill an opening as a Linux Server Administrator.
- Ensure optimal operations of our server fleet, including shared, virtualized and dedicated servers
- Optimize LAMP server performance using existing tools and best practices, and research/implement new optimizations based on emerging trends and technologies
- Perform security and performance audits of Apache, MySQL/MariaDB/PostreSQL, Mail servers (Exim), and DNS (Bind)
- Co-ordinate efforts with the customer service team to ensure rapid problem resolution
- Respond to performance, availability, and security incidents in real-time
- Handle and respond to level 2 support requests via chat, helpdesk, and phone
- Write, review and manage internal procedures using our private Wiki
- Help coach junior technicians with higher complexity issues and participate in their ongoing training
- Configure, optimize and deploy new solutions or clusters based on specific client needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a LAMP server administrator (Apache or nginx) including handling email reputation issues
- Experience with cPanel/WHM control panel (Plesk an asset)
- Excellent understanding of email protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP)
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as OpenVZ, KVM, Xen, VMWare, or OpenStack.
- Solid experience with shell Linux commands and command-line server management (bash programming experience a definite asset)
- Good communicator in both French and English, capable of clearly communicating complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Good understanding of web concepts such as DNS and IPv4/6
- Experience managing and optimizing RDBMS systems such as MySQL and MariaDB
- Working knowledge of common programming languages such as PHP, Perl, and Python
Web Hosting Solutions Specialist (#CS0114)
Web Hosting Canada is seeking a motivated and dynamic candidate to fill an open position as Web Hosting Specialist.
- Provide technical assistance and ensure complete customer satisfaction by phone, chat or via our helpdesk system
- Provide pre-sales assistance to new clients, proposing the right product/service for their needs.
- Perform site transfers from other providers, and between servers within our datacenters
- Manage, register and transfer domains names. Assist clients with DNS-related issues.
- Install, manage, and optimize popular Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and shopping carts such as OpenCart, PrestaShop, and Magento.
- Work closely with System Administrators to ensure the smooth operations of all servers (shared, virtual, and dedicated)
- Perform security audits and address security escalations
- Escalate complex server issues to the Server Administrators, and ensure continuous follow-up with the client
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience with another web hosting company or related field (webmaster, helpdesk, IT infrastructure, etc)
- Extensive management experience with cPanel/WHM
- Excellent written and spoken communication in both French and English
- Experience working in customer service or customer support a strong asset
- Good understanding of email protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP) and web concepts such as DNS and IP
- Solid understanding of all the components of a LAMP stack, including experience using and managing MySQL and PHP applications.
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts
- Basic understanding of shell Linux commands and command-line server management
Font-End Designer/Developer – (#GW001)
Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is seeking a creative and talented front-end designer/developer to join its ranks.
- Help develop and enrich the company’s visual identity, website, promotional banners and user interfaces through high-quality creative designs focused on usability or lead conversions.
- Improve and standardize the style and design of all WHC communications across multiple platforms, including email and social media
- Perform integration of your designs into HTML/CSS code
- Participate in client design and development projects under the supervision of the senior developer
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a graphic designer and/or front-end developer with a portfolio to showcase your work
- Extensive experience designing web-based user interfaces with a focus on the user experience
- Extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Capable of performing full and syntactically valid HTML/CSS integrations of graphic designs into a functional web page
- Creative, meticulous, with an extreme attention to detail
- Solid understanding of image formats for the web, including JPG, PNG, GIF
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal) an asset
V020: Sales Representative (B2B, Online Services)Are you sales-oriented and do you like technology and entrepreneurship?
Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is seeking motivated communicators to participate in selling and promoting its Internet solutions, already trusted by 18,000 small businesses Canada-wide. These include web hosting, domain names, email services and servers.
Under the direct supervision of the Sales Director, your objectives will be twofold: to acquire new clients and propose the most fitting services for their budgets and needs, and to nurture relationships with existing clients to ensure their infrastructure requirements are being met.
- Engage and acquire new clients by phone, email, live chat, or in person (during events, for example).
- Determine the needs of your clients, inform them about the latest solutions available to them, and establish onboarding strategies adapted to their specific requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with clients; facilitate payments
- Nurture existing client relationships and represent the company with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Participate in retention initiatives and churn-rate reduction strategies.
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales (with a preference towards IT or online solutions-related sales)
- Bilingual (French & English, spoken and written)
- Competent writer with good typing speed
- Computer and tech savvy a definite asset
- Experience building or maintaining a website also a definite asset
Working at WHC: the Perks.
- Be part of a successful team that can make a difference. We work hard to help Canadian businesses of all sizes thrive online.
- Work with the latest tools and technologies alongside seasoned veterans in the industry
- 2-week training and onboarding for most new employees
- Montreal office is easily accessible by metro (Beaubien station) and has street parking widely available.
- Performance and profit-sharing bonuses paid out regularly
- Full dental, medical and travel insurance
- We help you stay green by refunding 50% of your STM/Bixi membership if you use it to get to work
- We help you stay fit by refunding 50% of your gym membership (if you promise to go!)
- Lunch is on us every Friday, and coffee is on us every day!