Self-Managed Linux Cloud Servers
SALE: Save 50% the first month on all Cloud Servers!
ORDER NOW »
- 2 CPU Cores
- 2GB Memory
- 25GB SSD Disk Space
- 100Mbps Network
- Unlimited Bandwidth¹
- Self-Managed w/root
- Your choice of OS
CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
ORDER NOW »
- 6 CPU Cores
- 8GB Memory
- 100GB SSD Disk Space
- 200Mbps Network
- Unlimited Bandwidth¹
- OS Choices – CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
Powerful Canadian Cloud Servers at Your Disposal
- Auto-scalable Resources
- Increase your server resources when needed
- RAID-10 Full SSD Drives
- Blazing fast storage, up to 3x faster than the competition
- Full unrestricted root access
- Manage your server like a pro via command line
- Multiple Linux flavors available
- CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian at your disposal
- Easy Cloud Management
- Manage all your servers from your Client Area
- 24/7 VIP Support
- Knowledgeable experts here to help
Looking For More Power?
Try our Canadian Dedicated Servers, starting at just C$99/month
Cloud Servers FAQ
What is the difference between Web Hosting and a Cloud Servers, and Dedicated Servers?Unlike Web Hosting (also commonly referred to as shared hosting), Cloud Servers give you access to dedicated resources on a shared physical web server. This means you have more control, reliability and performance than you would with regular web hosting.
Unlike Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers share the same hardware with other Cloud Server clients, making performance degradation caused by other users still possible, although quite rare. By sharing the same physical hardware, you also share the costs, and as such Cloud Servers can deliver similar performance to entry-level dedicated servers at a fraction of the cost. Cloud servers are also elastic, and can be upgraded automatically at any time.
When would I need to upgrade my web hosting to Cloud Server?There are a few reasons why you would want to upgrade your web hosting to Cloud servers.
- You should upgrade to Cloud hosting if you require superior performance, such as faster CPU, more memory (RAM) or faster read/write operations (IOPS). If your website is regularly being throttled on the web hosting platform (as shown in your cPanel), a Cloud server upgrade will be beneficial to you.
- Your website or application may require a special configuration to run properly. While web hosting does not provide full flexibility, Cloud servers do. You could, for example, increase the maximum execution time for your scripts, increase the maximum hourly limits of your email campaigns, and more!
- You may also choose to upgrade to a Cloud Server if you require superior reliability. Unlike web hosting, Cloud Servers do not share the same hardware with hundreds of other clients and generally provide improved stability, uptime, and performance.
What makes Web Hosting Canada’s Cloud Servers better?Unlike other providers, Web Hosting Canada has spared no expense to make our Cloud Servers your go-to solution for demanding websites and web applications, including:
- We use exclusively RAID-10 SSD storage, widely considered the fastest commercial storage technology available, and up to 7x faster than traditional virtual servers.
- Our servers are carefully configured and optimized for performance and security, so that you can make the most of them from day one.
- Hosted in Canada, on Canadian IPs and backed by our expert 24/7 Support.
What is the difference between Windows & Linux Cloud Servers?Linux Cloud Servers are your best choice for most websites, and include the industry-leading cPanel control panel. They are recommended for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Prestashop, and most other applications that use PHP, Perl and Python scripting languages. They support MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB databases.
Windows Cloud Servers come preloaded with Windows Web Server 2012, and are recommended for users that want to connect to their servers with Remote Desktop, or run websites using ASP or ASP.NET technology. Windows Cloud Servers include the Plesk control panel, which supports up to 10 domains at no additional cost, and work with MySQL and SQL Server (requires license) databases.
Unless you specifically require a Windows server due to technical constraints, Web Hosting Canada recommends Linux Cloud Servers for optimal performance and reliability. If you are still unsure which to choose, simply get in touch with our helpful 24/7 sales team.
How do I know which Cloud Server is best for me?The right server will depend on your expected usage in disk space as well as your desired performance in terms of CPU and memory (RAM). Contact our friendly sales team for help choosing the right Cloud Server solution.
What is the difference between Managed and Unmanaged servers?Managed Cloud Servers are fully optimized and maintained by WHC experts to ensure best performance and reliability. They include the industry-leading cPanel Control Panel and our 24/7 support.
Unmanaged Cloud Servers must be maintained by the client. WHC still ensures hardware and network availability, while managing the virtualization layer.
I am currently hosted with another provider. Can you migrate my site for me?Transferring your website to Web Hosting Canada normally involves two steps: transferring your domain registration, and transferring your web site content.
Our team can help perform both operations for you, free of charge with our Managed Cloud Servers. Simply drop us a line to request a Professional Site Transfer.
If you’d like to find out more about transfers or if you’d prefer to complete the transfer yourself, consult our Knowledgebase Article about How to transfer your website to Web Hosting Canada.
Can I add additional IP addresses to my Cloud Server?Yes! Simply order them from your Client Area. Additional IP addresses are available at an added cost, and may require a valid justification.Ready to Get Started with Self-Managed Cloud Servers?
- 1. Unlimited as it applies to regular small business use, in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy.